Monday, October 20, 2014

Leaving home

Yesterday the kids all attended a clinic with 2 Olympic medalist from USA Swimming. They were Elizabeth Beisal and Matt McLean. I posted photos on Facebook of Maddie really hitting it off with Elizabeth, but I didn't tell the story of what they were talking about...

It went something like this:

Maddie: So did you know Matt before, when you were both at the 2012 Olympics in London?

Elizabeth: Yes, in fact we were seeing each other then but we're not anymore. It's a bit awkward really.

Maddie: Oh well, you are far too good for him anyway!

Elizabeth: Lol. Where's your mom? I'm taking you back to Florida with me!

And despite the fact that Elizabeth (aged 22) is probably not quite old enough to be her mother, Maddie thought this was a great idea! I said, what are you going to do all day when Elizabeth is swimming? Oh, said Maddie. She'll just get me a babysitter. Nice eh!!

1 comment:

Jean said...

Good to feel wanted!!